ELT Managament: IDLTM course at IH Barcelona
International Diploma in Language Teaching Management (IDLTM)
The language teaching business has been expanding rapidly and globally for many years. This expansion has not only created a demand for language teachers, but also a demand for qualified managers of language teaching centres.
New managers are often recruited from the outstanding employees within the industry and in the language teaching business these employees are often teachers. While these people may be excellent teachers, they may not always be successful or well prepared managers.
The International Diploma in Language Teaching Management is designed to address this problem.
The IDLTM course
The IDLTM is a 325-hour flexible mode course [ course content ] which enables language teaching professionals to:
- extend their knowledge of relevant management principles and practices;
- develop their management skills through the application of this knowledge to a Language Teaching context;
- demonstrate these skills in effective practice as Language Teaching managers
The course tutors include George Pickering, management development and training consultant and IATEFL ELT Management SIG Coordinator; Andrew Hockley, project manager and IDLTM Coordinator, SIT Vermont; and Julie Van de Horst Jansen, project developer and financial manager at SIT.
Next course 2017
- Part A: two weeks full-time face-to-face component, dates to be confirmed
- Part B: eight months online distance component
- Part C: concluding online seminar
- Course fees: to be confirmed
- Certification fee: to be confirmed
Click here for details of entry requirements for the IDLTM course.
Click here to download an application form for the course [not available for 2017].
For the core books and recommending reading, see the course reading list.
About the IDLTM
The IDLTM is awarded jointly by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge, UK; the School for International Training (SIT), USA; and the Institute of Continuing and TESOL Education, The University of Queensland (ICTE-UQ), Australia.
You will find further information about the IDLTM course on our IDLTM FAQs page.
For further information, see the course outline, syllabus and assessment guidelines (.pdf).