IH Barcelona Oposiciones for EOI course
Who is the course aimed at?
The course is aimed at teachers preparing to take the Oposiciones exams for Escuelas Oficiales de Idiomas in the area of English as a foreign language to adults.
Aims of the course
The course aims to practically assist teachers in building a course programme (programación) and individual units of work (unidades didacticas) to prepare the teacher for all parts of the examination and oral presentation.
The course is designed to assist teachers in the following areas related to the exam:
- Awareness of key methodologies related to an EOI context: making lessons communicative, task-based and learner-centred
- Planning lessons to practise the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Ways of focusing on and practising language: vocabulary and grammar
- Preparing a course programme: aims and rationale
- Designing units of work: aims and procedures
- Oral Presentation of work
The course is structured in the following way:
One session, lasting two hours, every two weeks at International House (a total of 24 hours). Each session links to a group of topics (temas) from the official list. Sessions are focussed to be as practical as possible and teachers receive input, engage in discussion and group work, and have time to work on sections of their course programme and units of work.
Outside of course hours, teachers are expected to continue working on their course planning and use of English. Teachers will bring this work to class to discuss with other teachers and the tutor.
Online Support site
The 'IH Oposiciones community' site is provided through the International House virtual classroom.
This site is intended to provide support for teachers, and a place to discuss issues, find out more or simply keep in contact with other course members.
Session handouts will be posted there too.
- Teachers can send more pieces of work by email to be assesed by tutors (see price).
- Teachers can attend an individual two-hour tutorial for discussion of their progress and further advice on their course planning (see price).
- Course 2 EOI November to May, 2012
Exact time and dates of the sessions to be confirmed.
Price of the course
Price of add-ons:
- Correction of didactic units: €20 per hour. From previous years experience the correction of participant's didactic units is a long process and may take from 2-5 hours
- One-to-one tutorials: €90 for 2 hours
Teachers have to complete a pre-course task. This short test, based on the exam format, helps tutors know more about your language level and knowledge of teaching.