Summer Camp Begues 2015
7 to 13
A fun-packed English summer camp which combines project based English classes with activities such as water sports, weekend excursions, games and events of all kinds.
The programme: Making Movies & Music
- Making Movies Starting Sunday June 28 (1 or 2 week stays)
- Making Music Starting July 5 (1 or 2 week stays)
- Making Movies Starting July 12 (1 week only)
Making movies ||| You'll learn to make short, animated movies using a variety of techniques and tools, with English as the language of instruction. At the end of the week, we'll have our very own Oscars ceremony, with prizes for the best screenplay, visual effects and, obviously, the best animated short.
Making music ||| Even not knowing how to sing, and with no prior knowledge of music, our young artists will produce their own shows, taking their inspiration from world-famous musicals, again with English as the language being learnt. At the end of the week, the different groups will present their work, participating in our show, A Happy Day!
The centre and its installations
Our summer camp residential centre is situated in the village of Begues, on the border of the Garraf natural park, and just 30 km from Barcelona. The centre offers a perfect combination of educational and recreational facilities including proper classrooms, several sports areas, a swimming pool (with life guard) that students use every day after class, and five hectares of enclosed woods and gardens.
Accommodation is provided in double rooms with bathrooms for 11 to 14 year olds and shared dormitories for 7 to 10 year olds. There are a total of 100 beds, organised according to age and gender.
The programme also includes sports and other fun activities:
- Football, basketball, archery
- Free time at the house's private pool
- Kayaking and other activities at the Canal Olímpico de Castelldefels, the largest sports facility of its kind in Catalonia
- Excursions in the Garraf Natural Park
- Double rooms with bathrooms
- The children are divided by age and by sex
- The centre's fully-equipped kitchen and dining hall provides full, healthy, varied meals
Teachers and monitors
International House's teachers are all native speakers, qualified by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of Cambridge University.
A majority of the teachers stay at the residence for the duration of the summer camp and participate fully in all activities. Students are therefore encouraged to use English at all times. The support staff members are all qualified summer camp monitors and the sports trainers are also members of the corresponding federations.
- 1 week: €540
- 2 weeks: €975
Families can bring participants to the campl on the Sunday between 10:00 and 10:30 and pick them up on the Saturday at the same time.
- Barcelona city centre Leaves from International House (Trafalgar 14) Sundays at 09.30 | Returns Saturdays at 12.00. Price: 55€/each way
- Barcelona Airport Pick up at the airport on arrival, Sundays between 10.00 and 18.00 | Return transfer to the airport, Saturdays between 10.00 and 18.00. Price: 55€/each way